Thursday, October 11, 2012

8 Lala's Raglan Dress KCWC pt.4

Sorry folks, work kinda though me off a day and so I'm back with my KCWC piece #4.
This wasn't on my list, but as I was going through my stash, I came across this ol' fabric I bought a little over a year ago in the LA Fabric District. At the time I had bought it for the KCWC spring of 2011 (I believe) and my first attempt with this fabric was an epic fail. It wasn't the fabric, but the pattern I used. Perhaps it was due to Lala's cranium that the neck opening wasn't big enough or sleep deprivation caused me to not process the instructions, WHATEVER the case may be...
I failed.
A dud.
Poop.
Grumbling a few unfavorable words I tossed the fabric onto my heaping pile of used fabrics never to be seen again, at least until now. 
This time, I used Jess' raglan tee tutorial, which btw is one of my favorite patterns. I've used this several times and every time Lala's tees came out perfect.
The only thing I did differently is I did a little gathering along the front of the neckline, extended the length and did some gathering along the sides. Oh yah, I also made it loose rather than fitted.
So by the time Lala finished her breakfast, watched Yo Gabba Gabba and enjoyed some riffs from Vince Guaraldi, I had the dress done and for her to wear for the rest of the day. *woot-woot*
No cookies today. I just had Lily Moon dance hysterically while I took some shots (pics not drinks... too early).
Well today (Friday) is a special for us... we're going on our annual pumpkin hunt and apple pie gorging in Julian.
Mmmm...
***



8 comments:

  1. Venus, you are amazing! I love everything you've made for KCWC and you are on such an amazing roll! I am super inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carla! My gears are spinning on how to make your zipper shirt for my girls...

    I know, every year KCWC just gets better and better. So many yummy things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking shirt! That fabric is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is super cute, love it - looks comfortable too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo comfy. I wish I had enough to make one for myself.

      Delete
  5. SO adorable (both dress and your daughter's grin:). That fabric is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah... she can be a ham. The fabric is super soft I wish I bought more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! This is awesome and it makes me want to sew more knits!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips