Tuesday, April 2, 2013

11 A New Friend

Last friday I decided it was time to revisit one of my old projects. Which was perfect timing since Easter was in a couple of days, I thought it would be extra special to make another doll for Lala.
What a dapper rabbit all decked out in stripes and bow tie. I'm very pleased with him... very much indeed!
In order to have him ready for Easter, I had to work well into the night. Yah baby... this is how I spend my Friday nights!
If you have been following me, you may of remembered these guys. I first made them just under 2 years ago so that Lala had company while she slept. They were much smaller with nubby arms and legs to make it easier for Lala's little hands to grab. That's Cleo on the left and Theodore on the right. I still haven't found a name for the new guy.
Any suggestions?
And here's the rest of the gang... Mim on far left and Clementine on the far right. You can read a little more about them on my old blog over HERE. Cleo was a little upset during the photo shoot. He had lost his scarf (actually Lala took it off) and he felt a bit naked without it. That's why he's hiding behind Mim.
Now it's time to move on to another! Clementine begged me to make a friend much like her (how could I possibly say no?), and Mim has shown interest as well, but she won't ask outright. I'll surprise her later.
I'm just about done with this next doll and I'll be back to introduce her to you.
***





11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm making more... time to get them out of my head!

      Delete
  2. So much sweetness -- you're a crafting whiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's sooo many things that are stuck in my head and things I have done that I want to do over, it's just enough hours in a day...

      Delete
  3. FYI, I am making that slip dress you made, using black linen. We'll see how it turns out. It's not the exact copy but working off the pinwheel dress by Oliver + S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo!!!
      I wanna see it when you're done!!! Is it for Emily or Ava?

      Delete
    2. I just finished it and it's for Emily specifically to go over the panda sleeve top. I'm not sure about the flounce. I need to try it all on together. Not a fan of the pinwheel dress but thought I could modify it enough to make it look like the one you did. i'll blog it soon!

      Delete
  4. These are so sweet. Is it your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have several different dolls waiting to be made. It's a work in progress...

      Delete
  5. Such sweetness, Venus. Who wouldn't want to snuggle up with one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Lala first saw him, she immediately took him her arms and hugged him. Thanks Sanae!

      Delete

Blogging tips