Tuesday, April 2, 2013

8 Another Friend

  Another late night and a sweet surprise for Lala and her gang.
For this doll I made the legs and arms thicker. I'm not sure if I  prefer this or thinner appendages. Mr thinks each one should be different, to fit their personality.
*shrugging*
Eh... we'll see.
This is what I should be doing right about now.
I adore her headdress. The shape and colors just fills me with warmth. I dunno how else to explain it...
Happiness?
Yes.
One area I need improvement is hand stitching. *ugh* Try to look beyond that part...I am still a Padawan in the realm of embroidery. How awesome would it be to have her headdress all fancy-schmancy embroidery? Maybe one day.
The first doll, I had used different felts. Lala loved biting her head (as you can see). A bit worn, but just as lovable as the when I first made her.
Little Clementine is very happy. No longer the lone tree. Another friend...another like her. So if you listen carefully, you'll hear not one, but two voices now. Softly humming in harmony as they happily count their fruits... together.
Who's next?
Sweet Mim has been waiting ever so patiently.
I can't wait to get started, but first...
SLEEP!
***

8 comments:

  1. holy cow! these are freaking fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! It's a work in progress. More to come!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! I have MANY more dolls in my head waiting to be made. Someday... ;)

      Delete
  3. So sweet!!!!!!!!! Love her leafy head:) I didn't see any hand sewing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hand stitched the oranges and leaves on. Basic stitching, but I can't seem to get my stitches the same size to save my life. Good you can't see it. Keep it that way! ;)

      Delete
  4. Darling! I need to get dolls back in my project list. They have been missing for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips