Tuesday, July 16, 2013

20 Apron Shorts

I was really hoping to make this for Shorts On The Line sewing series, but alas time was not in my favor.
Drats! 
But things have a way of working out in the end and so I have it here, just in time for KCW. 
On our last romp to our favorite Japanese market for ice cream crepes and ramen (yes... ice.cream.crepes), I was skimming through Cucito's Spring 2013 Magazine and a pattern for apron shorts caught my eye. You can see Yifarn's review and pics of the magazine HERE and see the actual photo HERE.
"should I buy? Shouldn't I?"
Waffling back and forth wether or not to buy, I regretfully did not.
But the picture was forever etched in my brain. I had to make it.
Oh gosh, bubble shorts + apron = baby yumminess.
Give my kid a bowl and what's the first thing she does?
*nom-nom-nom-nom*

Well if there's no food in the bowl. Wear it.
I didn't have the pattern and so I self drafted one. I found the fabric at JoAnn's. Who knew! 

 The front band of the apron is actually the front band of the shorts and the apron ties are sewn in between the front and back waist band.
 Because the apron is so tiny and the ruffle detail is microscopic, I opted to just serge the edge versus killing myself folding a teeny hem.
I think next time I'll make the apron an inch shorter. The shorts came together quick and easy, and I can definitely see more of these in the future.
So this is my contribution for KCW. *sigh* I wish I had more time. Lily Moon and hubby are going to Comic-Con Friday and Lily wants to dress up. She wants to go as Party Poison. *shaking head*
Teenagers.
Such an interesting breed of creatures.
If I get some time, hopefully I can squeeze in another outfit for Lala. We shall see.
***


20 comments:

  1. Love it! We have a few Asian markets here; I never even thought about looking for those types of magazines! I know what I'm doing tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Cotton Friend Magazine as well! YAY! Have fun!

      Delete
  2. A warrior princess who bakes and cooks! A very promising combination! And a mama to provide stylish and cute clothes for all her adventures! Perfect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From slaying to cooking... what a well rounded kid! HA!

      Thanks Ute!

      Delete
  3. wwwow! lovely! great idea! and she's soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this! What an awesome idea...and it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know... when I saw this in the magazine I knew I had to make it.

      Delete
  5. So stinkin cute!! I'm so envy that you have Japanese market which sells Japanese magazines in your town...Okay, I'm ordering it. I even didn't know about that sewing magazine, it was full of cute clothes, OMG! Love the combination of the fabric and Lala with the bowl on her head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome magazine. The summer edition is really good... I'm heading back to the store to get that one.

      Delete
  6. ok, first off, these are amazing, and so are you. joann's definitely hides some gems if you're willing to dig around. second, are you trying to set a record for posting this week?! every day, i can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn's got some pretty cute stuff lately. I'm impressed!

      HA! Okay, posting EVERYDAY... wish I could, but don't get use to it. ;)

      Delete
  7. SO adorable! I love it, Venus! What a brilliant combination and you're killing me with the photoshoot - the bowl on the head!!!! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sanae! Lala figured since there was no food in it, she'd wear it. Now I can't get that thing off of her!

      Delete
  8. Are you kidding me right now!?! This is one of the most adorable things I've seen in my life! And my daughter would probably flip out for a pair of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yipes these are ADORABLE! Can't wait for Eddie to be that teensy bit more sure of walking than crawling and then she is going to have ALL THE APRON SHORTS

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips